‘An Analysis Of A Broad Range Of Taxes Following Budget 2020’
In his annual overview of tax matter most relevant to Solicitors and Barristers, Tax Consultant Fergal Cahill takes a look at the topical issues for 2020, with plenty of illustrative case studies to show how informed decision-making leads to more timely advantageous strategic planning in our practices and personal finances.
- Debt releases
- What is ‘debt release’?
- When is debt ‘released’?
- Tax impact of debt release
- Income tax
- When ‘release’ is treated as ‘income’
- Illustrative case studies of impact of these taxes on a bank writing off debt
- Some unexpected tax liabilities arising in connection with debt release
- Stamp Duty
- Stamp Duty
- Capital Taxes
- Entrepreneur Relief
- Capital Acquisitions Tax
- Tax on Transfer of Family Business
- Revenue Commissioners - new structure
- Revenue Audits – current topics
Fergal Cahill is Managing Director of Cahill Taxation Services. Fergal is a Chartered Tax Adviser, having spent a number of years in PwC, KPMG and FGS in both Limerick and Dublin, before setting up Cahill Taxation Services in Ennis, Co Clare, in February 2007. With twenty years’ experience, Fergal is recognised as an expert in taxation advisory and consultancy services with particular expertise in Revenue audits, corporate restructuring, personal tax planning and VAT on property.
|Category of CPD:||Management (or General)*|
* (which you can also use as General CPD if you have already done your mandatory Management hours).