‘General Guidelines as to the amounts that may be awarded or assessed in personal injury claims’
After a 12 year hiatus from its first publication, the Injuries Board has now released an updated and far more comprehensive version of its Book of Quantum which provides estimates of what the average compensation claim awards are for different bodily injury types in Ireland.
This webinar also deals with the recommendations contained in the Report on the Costs of Insurance Working Group (January 2017).
Objectives Of This Webinar:
The aim of this presentation is to give you a December 2017 update on:
- Recent changes from the new Book of Quantum - increases and
- The Report on the Costs of Insurance Working Group (January 2017):
- A comprehensive overview of this 2017 Report
- Explanation of the complexities of the 6 keys areas identified by the Working Group
- Analysis of the recommendations and time-framed actions proposed by the Working Group which include:
- The establishment of a Personal Injuries Commission to improve the personal injuries claims environment; and
- The Reduction of costs, both legal and non-legal, in the claims process.
Caroline Gill is a practising barrister in the Law Library, Dublin. She was an Insurance Ombudsman of Ireland from 1998 to 2005, responsible for the independent investigations of disputes between consumers, small business and their insurance companies. In 2005, Caroline was appointed as a Deputy Financial Services Ombudsman. Previously, Caroline was CEO of the Consumers’ Association of Ireland from 1990 – 1998.
|Category of CPD:
|Category A (General)