‘Structuring Ownership & Investments From A Tax Perspective’
In the current economic climate of negative interest rates, BREXIT, Covid-19, etc., it is more important / difficult as it ever has been to know where to invest, and how to best structure our investments from a tax perspective.
In this webinar, Tax Advisor Fergal Cahill reviews the current investment climate in Ireland and internationally and, with the country “awash with cash” against a backdrop of shifting asset values and preferences, he examines how you or your clients (with cash or proceeds of sales of property or businesses, etc.) might choose, plan, own and structure your investments in 2021.
Topics Covered Include:
- Types of investments
- Types of ownership structures:
- Personal ownership
- Influences on structures:
- Risk appetite
- Limited Liability
- Tax Types & Rates On:
- Stamp Duty
- Corporation Tax
- Income Tax
- Development & Construction
- Capital Gains Tax
- Commercial Property:
- Buying personally -v- through a company
- A possible investment structure for tax efficiency
- Cash in a company:
- Trading co. -v- investment co.
- Typical structure -v- a possible more tax efficient structure involving a holding company
- Residential Property
- Property Investments through Pensions – pros and cons
- Investment in Businesses (e.g. start-ups) – how should you hold your shares, personally or through a company, and why?
- Stocks & Shares
- Entrepreneur Relief and Section 626B
Fergal Cahill is Managing Director of Cahill Taxation Services. Fergal is a Chartered Tax Adviser, having spent a number of years in PwC, KPMG and FGS in both Limerick and Dublin, before setting up Cahill Taxation Services in Ennis, Co Clare, in February 2007. With twenty years’ experience, Fergal is recognised as an expert in taxation advisory and consultancy services with particular expertise in Estate & Inheritance planning, Succession planning, Revenue audits, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, tax appeals, personal tax planning and VAT on property.
|Category of CPD:||Management (or General)*|
* (which you can also use as General CPD if you have already done your mandatory Management hours).