‘Important New Updates & Developments’
Is your pension a self-directed pension plan? An executive pension? A one-member scheme perhaps? New rules that will impact on many of us and our clients for schemes post-April 2021, for example, include the restriction on the proportion of a pension fund that can be invested in property. The whole area of pensions has seen sweeping changes recently, with more to come.
In this webinar, pension experts Gerard Keane and Danny McGill, Directors of Newcourt Retirement Fund Managers Ltd / Newcourt Pensioneer Trustees Ltd., explore these developments and their implications and ask the practical questions like:
- What else for Pensions 2022/2023?
- Has 2022 seen the end of the executive pension arrangement?.....if so, what are the solutions and what can advisors do with their company director clients?
- What has the budget delivered, what changes if any have come to pass and how will this affect advisors?
- Is Master Trust for executive pensions the solution, if so, what could this look like?
Other Topics Covered Include:
- The Interdepartmental Pensions Reform and Taxation Group Proposals
- Finance Act, 2021
- IORP II
- Implications for one-member schemes
- Master Trust -v- Own Trust
- Budget 2023
Gerard Keane, Managing Director has over 25 years of experience in the pensions industry and is managing director of both Newcourt Retirement Fund Managers Ltd and Newcourt Pensioneer Trustees Ltd since 2007 and 2003, respectively. He has served as both Chairman and Treasurer of the Association of Pension Trustees in Ireland (APTI). Gerard is actively engaged with legislative submission/changes relating to all areas of pensions law and regulation. He is a Revenue approved Pensioneer Trustee, a Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA) and a Certificate in DC Pension Scheme Trusteeship(PTP).
Danny McGill, Director has over 20 years’ experience in the pensions industry and is a director of both Newcourt Retirement Fund Managers Ltd and Newcourt Pensioneer Trustees Ltd since 2012. During this time, Danny has developed extensive technical expertise in all areas of pension planning.
Danny holds a Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning and is a Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA). Danny has also obtained the internationally recognised Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. He holds a Certificate in Pensions and Applied Trusteeship from the Law Society of Ireland and is also a Revenue approved Pensioneer Trustee.
|Category of CPD:||Management (or General)*|
* (which you can also use as General CPD if you have already done your mandatory Management hours).