‘The 10 Steps Solicitors Must Follow For Tax Purposes’
Not interrogating your client’s instructions against basic tax rules and reliefs, when consulted to draft their Will or voluntary transfer, seriously exposes you to claims of negligence and poor professional advice both by the beneficiaries and the disponer.
You cannot be casual about Wills and succession planning and, for our convenience, Tax Advisor Fergal Cahill sets out the simple and methodical 10 steps for you to follow in this 50-minute CPD webinar that will act as your checklist roadmap in every case.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is “Estate Planning”
- Our Role
- The 10 Steps:
- Establishing the facts
- Which does your client favour - Tax Efficiency or Asset Protection?
- What are your client’s priorities?
- What are your client’s wishes?
- Advise on basic tax rules
- Consider Reliefs
- Consider transfers Inter Vivos and their implications, i.e. gifts -v- inheritances
- Consider other available measures
- Reliefs, e.g.
- Retirement Relief
- Business Property Relief
- Agricultural Relief
- Exemption for Certain Dwellings
Fergal Cahill is Managing Director of Cahill Taxation Services. Fergal is a Chartered Tax Adviser, having spent a number of years in PwC, KPMG and FGS in both Limerick and Dublin, before setting up Cahill Taxation Services in Ennis, Co Clare, in February 2007. With twenty years’ experience, Fergal is recognised as an expert in taxation advisory and consultancy services with particular expertise in Estate & Inheritance planning, Succession planning, Revenue audits, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, tax appeals, personal tax planning and VAT on property.
|Category of CPD:||General|