‘How To Effectively Communicate With Your Client Requires That You Recognise Your Client’s Way Of Hearing You’
We profess to being ‘expert communicators’, but are we as expert at ‘communicating’ as we would like to think we are? Poor communication has, after all, always ranked as the single-most cause for complaint against practitioners. Not just the degree of communication, but also deficiencies in the means and effectiveness of how we relate to or develop rapport with a client. Is it a case of our client’s model of the world –v– ours? Is one more important, and why?
In this webinar, Counsellor Colin Smith explores such questions, and many more, and gives all of us some useful tips on how to recognise whether a client is visual, auditory, kinaesthetic, or auditory digital, and how to tailor our method of communication accordingly for best effect. Topics covered include:
- What is ‘communication’?
- What is ‘rapport’?
- Conscious and unconscious communication
- How to establish rapport with any person, at any moment in time
- Examining the 3 components of communication:
- Words (7%)
- Tonality (38%)
- Physiology (55%)
- How to install security in what you are doing for your client (‘the story of Doctor Gibson’)
- Becoming a more powerful communicator – is what we say what the other person hears?
- Understanding and recognising non-verbal communication patterns in others.
|Category of CPD:||Management (or General)*|
(*which you can also use as General CPD if you have already done your mandatory Management hours).