‘Understanding The Risk Is The First Step Towards Reducing It’
With such a heavy reliance on technology and connectivity in our practices today it is no wonder security has become a growing area of concern for us, as in most organisations. Security risks are at an all-time high with the media reporting on new security breaches and threats almost every day, and law firms have not escaped. Not only are there huge legal consequences of a data breach, there are also reputational and financial implications that can have a profound impact on any firm or organisation.
Objectives of talk:
This session aims to educate us on the most prominent risks that are present in today’s business environment. It is delivered in a non-technical capacity and highlights:
- What we need to know about what’s happening now in cyber security
- Where the greatest areas of risk are
- The importance of managing people, processes and technology in order to remain secure
- Practical ways of protecting against these risks and avoiding being a victim of a data breach, including how to:
- secure sensitive data within your practice
- protect against data theft
- protect against cyber threats
- insure yourself against losses
- lower your business risk.
Sean Rooney is a Founding Member and Cyber Risk & Assurance Director at Integrity360, the largest cyber security specialists in Ireland (www.Integrity360.com). Sean has almost 20 years information and cyber security experience with a broad expertise in risk and governance, strategic executive direction and programme execution.
|Category of CPD:||Regulatory (or Management and/or General)*|
(*which you can also use as Management or General CPD if you have already done your mandatory Regulatory and/or Management hours, respectively).