‘Fight Or Flight – Useful Points Of Practice For Plaintiffs’
Even within the already unpredictable world of negligence litigation, medical negligence actions have a unique potential to attract spiralling costs and uncertain outcomes.
Indeed, deciding whether or not to issue proceedings for medical negligence is itself a complex and expensive process.
This webinar focuses on actions from the plaintiff’s perspective, with plenty of key takeaways.
Issues covered in this webinar include:
- Key pointers for gearing up to a successful outcome
- Key drivers of success/ failure
- Recommendations on process and approach for practitioners
- Common pitfalls and issues to watch out for
- Trends and pipeline indicators potentially impacting this area.
- Initial Attendances – Educating clients from the ‘get go’ (defence assessments, costs, delays)
- Records and Reports – Gathering what is already available and instructing necessary experts
- Limitations – From statute barring to informed consents
- Damages – Maximising heads of damage
- Case Study – Birth & Birthing Injuries (shoulder dystocia, caesarean section)
Mark O’Hagan BL is a barrister who lives in Dublin and practices on the Eastern, Northern and Dublin Circuits. Mark advises on a wide range of both private and commercial matters including a variety of negligence-based actions. www.lawlibrary.ie/members/Mark-D-O’Hagan/6638.aspx
|Category of CPD:||General|