‘Practical steps to take to protect you, your staff and your Firm - including Covid-19 alternative client ID procedures’
This webinar details the practical A-B-C steps we must all know and follow as lawyers in the AML compliance coalface, including:
- What you need to do
- The theoretical, practical, and simple steps to apply and comply
- Why AML compliance is a continuous assessment, not a once-off exam, of each client
- The procedures to follow to take the risk out of your AML obligations and responsibilities
- And demonstrating how easy it is to be used by your clients and left holding the can!
The Law Society uses a risk-based system when choosing firms for inspection in addition to conducting some random inspections of the more than 2,200 or so firms of solicitors that are required to file annual accountants’ reports. They expect, and accept nothing less than, 100% documented compliance, including:
- Practical procedures to achieve compliance
- Covid-19, alternative client ID procedures
Neil Mulcahy, FCA CTC, is the MLRO in his accountancy and tax consultancy firm, as has been retained on numerous occasions by financial institutions and the Revenue in his capacity as an external reporting forensic accountant. In this video he overviews this very important, topical and practical area of the law, with which we must be 100% in compliance. While this regulatory Matters CPD topic is mandatory for sole practitioners and compliance partners and/or an anti-money laundering compliance partners, it should be part of all practitioners’ choice of annual CPD.
|Category of CPD:||Regulatory (or Management and/or General)*|
‘(*which you can also use as Management or General CPD if you have already done your mandatory Regulatory and/or Management hours, respectively)’.